Find out about working at Sharp Laboratories of Europe, and our current vacancies
Sharp Laboratories of Europe develops world class technology for Sharp’s display and device products. The Laboratory has a mission to create original technology for new-generation displays using organic LEDs (OLEDs) and quantum dot LEDs (QLEDs, QD-LEDs).
There is an opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer to join our research team in Oxford which designs original circuits for thin film transistor (TFT) backplanes of OLED displays. This team’s responsibilities include inventing new ultra-small pixel circuits for high definition displays and new pixel circuits based on oxide TFTs (IGZO).
The successful candidate will:
* contribute to the full development cycle for design of original TFT pixel circuits, including conception, optimisation, simulation, layout, experimental testing and patenting;
* propose, design, simulate, optimise and test original transistor-level analogue pixel circuits;
* lead the design of drivers (discrete-component mixed-signal circuits) for evaluation of prototype pixel circuits;
* liaise with colleagues in Sharp’s R&D and manufacturing divisions in Japan.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates who have:
* Masters degree (2:1 or above) or PhD in Electronic Engineering or a related subject;
* strong knowledge of transistor-level analogue / mixed-signal design;
* experience of industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence® EDA software).
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates with:
* experience in transistor-level pixel circuit design and simulation for displays or sensors (ideally TFT, but also CMOS design experience);
* experience in the full development cycle of transistor-level circuit design, circuit layout, layout extraction and verification, and design for manufacture techniques;
* experience in testing of transistor-level circuits or measurement of small signals;
* experience in analogue and digital discrete-component circuit and PCB design;
* a flair for creating original circuit designs which meet demanding specifications;
* experience as an inventor in the patenting of analogue circuits.
The design and simulation parts of this role are suitable either for office or remote working. We offer attractive employment package that includes competitive salary, pension, life assurance and local amenity benefits.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SLE/D2/2104