The displays and embedded systems groups at SLE is currently conducting research and development in three broad areas:
Over the last 16 years, Sharp products that have resulted from the group's research include the world’s first glasses-free 2D-3D switchable displays, the world’s first touchpad display with in-pixel optical sensors, dual view displays, privacy mode displays, ground-breaking reflective displays, highly co-ordinated video walls, and displays with integrated drivers.
Publications detailing the groups more recent work include:
- Sharp Technical Journal : “Colour Veil View”
- Point TV, A new TV user interface
- A System LCD with Integrated Infra-Red Sensing Optical Touch Panel
- A System LCD with Integrated 3-Dimensional Input Device l
- In-Cell Capacitance Touch-Panel With Improved Sensitivity
- IDW 2011 LCT4-2"
- Electronic displays 2013 “Scalable System for Driving Video Walls with Real-time Colour Shift Correction”
- Sharp Technical Journal : “Dual View and Triple displays”
- Optics InfoBase: “Potential improvements for dual directional view displays”
- Sharp Technical Journal : “Privacy LCD Technology for Cellular Phones”